yconic - Western University Early Acceptances
Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
CIBC Student Banking
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Western University Early Acceptances

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
For early acceptances what courses does Western Med Sci look at and what should my average be.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

Unfortunately, unless you have an average of around 96+, you're probably not going to get an early acceptance to western med sci. The take a look at

English
Math (functions or calculus)
Biology
Chemistry
As well as your two highest marks that are not prerequisites.

If you do not have a grade 12 credit or mark yet for any of these courses above, the will simply go to your grade 11 marks for them. Good luck applying, I hope you make it!
Was this helpful? Yes 1

I will be taking both biology courses grade 11 and 12 next year and therefore will not have a credit for them. So what marks would they look at instead.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Like the poster before me said, 96+ is needed, maybe even higher than that, given the cutoff this past year was a 93. You not having either Biology credit means its very unlikely they will grant you early acceptance given they would want to see one of those marks before giving an admission offer, and most other students applying would already have grade 11 Biology. Best of luck, hope you get in!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

not necessarily (the bio part). all 3 of the people I know who got in have grade 12 bio second semester. granted, they did fast track all the math courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I saw on another thread that some people got accepted back in December - most of them had Grade 11 averages of 95% and up - however, I had a 96 average in Grade 11 and have still not heard back from them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I got accepted last month too. Had a 97% grade 11 average and did not have Biology as i'm taking both grade 11 and grade 12 biology in my senior year. I applied the very first day we could to the program. Did you take any grade 12 courses in grade 11? I already completed 5/6 of my grade 12 courses in my grade 11 year maybe that is why.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

my 3 friends got in with 95+ grade 11 averages in January (they fast tracked the required maths and had 96-98 averages in those courses).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted