yconic - Waterloo AFM Acceptances 2019!
Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
CIBC Student Banking
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Waterloo AFM Acceptances 2019!

Hello all potential afm candidates, and current afm students! I notice that there has not been a thread to support our cause of getting accepted in afm for next fall! Rather odd considering the fact that around this time last fall there was a HUGE thread for it! Anyways, I think we should start out with what your marks, or projected marks will be! Of course list your extra-curriculars you plan on using, and finally how you think you will score on the AFMAA assessment! Also, feel free to add in additional details you feel are just! According to SAF they will be releasing our AFMAA question on DECEMBER 3RD! That's right! This upcoming Monday! A few little details I'd like to share with everyone: So I actually am not that confident in receiving an offer to AFM! Shocking that a thread creator doubts his chances no? The reasons being that I am currently in my fifth year of high school and I am RETAKING ENGLISH! Other than that though, I am not retaking any other courses! Now for my marks: I currently have my top six set out below as follows:
English: 86(most likely will remain the same)
Functions: 80(Yes very low, however I already took it last spring)
Calculus: 82(Yes very low too, you get the sense I'm not a mathey!)
Earth and Space Science online(because there were no in class spots during this semester!): 93
Accounting: 95
Kinesiology: 95 
Now the reason I do not believe that I have a solid chance of getting accepted is due to the fact that I am upgrading English! I don't have the most concrete reason that I am retaking it, I will most likely write the truth on my AIF and inform them that I was not motivated during my first semester of grade twelve last year, but now I know I have found my motivation and have set future goals for myself! Apart from that however, is my relatively low math marks! I have heard of people getting in with repeated courses, and being in possession of mid-to-high 80's as their average, so that will give me some hope! As for EC's:
I played high school senior tennis from grades 9 to twelve(and the reason I did not play this year is due to the fact that I gave up my spot on the team for another boy who never got to play because there were too many good players). I was/am the assistant coach and manager for the senior tennis team at my school. I have made it to OFFSA twice for tennis, in my grades ten and eleven years, and I have been CWOSSA champion twice in open boys doubles(ranked) for those years as well. I have also been working as a part-time tennis instructor since 2017, and have worked the entire summer running tennis camps at my tennis club. Prior to working I have also accumulated over 200 hours of volunteer work at various tennis facilities as an instructor, and I have also obtained my official "Certified Tennis Instructors" certificate. I have also attended two leadership courses each a month in length(not sure if this really means much). I think the key part about writing a solid AIF is how you can translate all the activities you've done to life lessons, and experiences, and core values that you carry with you today! Additionally, I am hoping to play for the varsity tennis team for waterloo if I am able to get accepted into AFM! I know! You must be thinking this guy won't shut up! But hey, I just want everyone to come together and share their information!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

This post was deleted